Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Yes, please!

You can download high-res images of nebulae via the Hubble Site! HOW COOL IS THAT?! I'm definitely getting a poster (or three) printed, regardless of the fact that I'll be homeless in two months. Thanks to Michelle Armas for blogging about this!

Top to bottom: Horsehead Nebula, The Carina Nebula: Star Birth in the Extreme (is that not an epic title, or what?), and Close-Up of Helix Nebula. (If the universe doesn't blow your mind, I don't know what will.)






1 comment:

  1. Moss- so awesome that you wrote about this! I am obsessed with Hubble images after visiting the space center in December. I am building a model Hubble! And have a Hubble display area in my office at home with a poster showing the most exciting images from Hubble and a diagram of the scope explaining how it works. Do you want to visit mission control with me sometime?? (it's right outside of D.C)
    Love,
    Rockelle

    ReplyDelete