Thursday, December 22, 2011

Day 11


I'm feeling kind of fancy today so let's go with satin ribbon and a scrap from one of my mom's dresses that I used to play dress-up with in the attic when I was small (it KILLS me that I didn't save the whole dress, which is long gone by now). This is a really easy and fun way to make a fancy package... you could go to a thrift store, find a skirt or dress for really cheap and butcher it to wrap all of your gifts! Just promise me you'll make a decent bow if you do this. There's nothing worse than a sad bow.

I also decided to play around with the gold leaf that I purchased off ebay a few years ago when I was feeling flush and full of big plans to use it in my art. Let me tell you: gold leaf is a PAIN. But relatively easy if you can get over the fussy flimsy factor and exercise a small amount of patience. All you need is spray glue, a brush and painters tape to create golden initials on your gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment