Monday, January 2, 2012

Gone hiking.


Ok, there was a change of plans and I'm at large in the mountains still... so yes, that's a photo from a hike undertaken last winter. Photos from my new year's eve adventure will be forthcoming as soon as I thaw out and upload pictures!

Speaking of new years... I tend to make a myriad of resolutions throughout the year; some stick, many fall by the wayside. Here are the ones that are foremost in my mind right now (and here's hoping that they stick!):

1. Less internet, more books. Once upon a time, before I spent hours surrounded by noisy guests I used to read. All the time. This needs to happen again. Maybe I should invest in ear plugs. Or ear muffs. Or perhaps meditation will help? (It's a stretch but I'm slightly desperate at this point.)

2. More adventure! I need to break out of my comfort zone and hit up new trails and not just old favorites.

3. I also need to get my lazy ass in shape, and not just in shape, but EPICALLY in shape... with three bitterly cold and dark New Hampshire winter months as my time frame to accomplish this goal. (I honestly don't even want to think about this one, never mind actually do it.)

4. Less cranky backcountry hermit, more welcoming fun caretaker. Yep. Working on it!

5. ART. MAKE IT. SHARE IT. MAKE SOME MORE. It's happening.

Hope everyone had a wonderful celebration... I would love to hear what your resolutions are!

No comments:

Post a Comment