Thursday, January 19, 2012

A not so Lonesome Lake (how I spent my days off).



 Do you know what's even better than company? Unexpected really great company.

I hiked up to Lonesome Lake expecting not loneliness but at least a very quiet (and cold) time... and instead had conversations, warmth and company, all very much needed.

I'm pretty over hiking by myself. (Although that didn't stop me from hiking up to Lonesome alone at night in minus ten degree fahrenheit weather... an accomplishment that sounds way less bad ass when I reveal it was less than two miles and only took a half hour.) It was good to have friends show up.

Still working on that balance between art and having a social life and hiking and solitude and isolation. But the last few days felt good. (Despite having zero productivity in terms of artwork.)



No comments:

Post a Comment