Monday, May 7, 2012

At long last!

I am at mile 266, writing to you from the public library in Big Bear Lake. My time is limited, but I will do my best to add as many journal entries as possible.

The people in towns are incredibly friendly and the hiking community is great. I couldn't ask for more... except perhaps a hot shower and laundry! I've yet to stay overnight in any of the towns we have passed through though, so it's going to have to wait. Looking forward to a day off at some hot springs near the trail, soon. More to come! I'll probably schedule each journal update to post on a separate day. Photos may have to wait a few more weeks.

I am loving the wide open vistas, enormous peaks and giant trees, amazing campsite options (sunset on a ridgeline, anyone?) and the unfamiliar desert environments... but I do miss New Hampshire.

No comments:

Post a Comment